- Warren Buffett is not a TikTok user, but his past comments are popular on the platform.
- The Berkshire Hathaway chief’s views on stocks, crypto and relationships have been widely liked.
- Here is a summary of seven quotes from Buffett that have attracted a lot of TikTok viewers.
Warren Buffett isn’t on TikTok, but his comments about everything from the contents of his wallet to cryptocurrencies have garnered hundreds of thousands of likes on the social-media platform.
Popular TikTok accounts have shared the 92-year-old investor and Berkshire Hathaway CEO’s thoughts on topics ranging from stock picking to relationships.
Here’s what Buffett said about himself in seven of his best-loved TikTok videos, lightly edited for length and clarity:
1. “This is my cellphone. It’s really breaking. Alexander Graham Bell gave it to me. I’ve tweeted five, and another person did it for me.” (Buffett was showing his old cell phone to an interviewer.) (@saylesshustle, 104,000 likes,
2. “Probably $400 or $500. I usually carry something like that. You wanna see? Well, okay, most women do, you’re not unusual.” (Buffett was joking to an interviewer who asked what was in his wallet.) (@ambitiousvoices, 351,000 likes,
3. “I could buy any house in the world, and I don’t want any other house than the one I’m in, and that house is in a middle-class neighborhood. I’m happy in a pair of khakis and a sweater so I don’t fancy Don’t need clothes. I don’t need fancy food.” ,@mediascaling, 109,000 likes,
4. “If you told me you owned 1% of the agricultural land or 1% of all apartment homes in the United States, I would write you a check for $25 billion this afternoon. Now if you told me you owned all There are bitcoins in the world, and you offered it to me for $25, I wouldn’t take it because what would I do with it? I’d have to sell it back to you somehow. Nothing’s going to happen.” ,@thebillionairebros, 15,000 likes,
5. “You want to associate with people who are better than you. You go in the direction of the people you associate with. You want the right hero. The most important decision for most people is their life partner. You want choosing a partner who is better than you – and you hope they don’t figure it out too soon.@buffetttrackerapp, 11,000 likes,
6. “You don’t need to be a genius at what I do. You don’t really need a brain, you need the right orientation. 90% of people who buy stocks don’t think about them in the right way. They expect I think it will go up next week and they feel worse if it goes down. I think about what a company will be worth 10 or 20 years from now, and what I expect it to be like when I buy it. Will go down because I’ll buy more.” (@investelligence, 22,000 likes,
7. “The average person won’t know enough to know which stock to buy, they won’t know enough to know when to buy it. But they don’t have to because they invest through an index fund.” can buy the whole of America from and put in. Over time their money will run out. Overall they will do well.” ,@buffetttrackerapp, 154,000 likes,